PEDDLING AND SOLICITING
Anyone engaging in Peddling or Soliciting in Upper Providence Township must obtain a license from the UPT Police Department and comply with UPT Code Section 124. Click here to view the code
The Police Department provides services for:
- Traffic: With so many cars on the road, the department investigates several hundred traffic incidents each year. To prevent accidents and their effects, Upper Providence police enforce moving violations and seat belt use.
- Domestic Violence: The department also focuses very seriously on domestic violence issues and strictly enforces domestic violence laws. Police also direct victims to the right places for assistance and services.
- Emergency Response (SWAT): The police department participates in the Ches-Mont Emergency Response Team, a regional tactical team (SWAT) that is trained and equipped to respond to life-threatening situations.
- Child Passenger Safety Technicians: The Upper Providence Township Police Department offers the opportunity for parents get one-on-one personalized instruction on how to properly use their child’s car seat by a Nationally Registered and Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians (CPST). We put our knowledge to work through a variety of activities, including community presentations and/or child safety seat checks where parents and caregivers receive education and hands-on assistance with the proper use of child restraint systems and seat belts. A majority of parents (over 70%) still misuse their child restraints and need help to get it right.
Contact our station at (610) 933-7899 to set up an appointment with Sgt. Mulligan or Cpl. Gerhart.
- L.O.C.A.T.E (Law Officers Concerned About The Endangered) Program: The Upper Providence Township Police Department has implemented the L.O.C.A.T.E (Law Officers Concerned About The Endangered) Program. Its focus is on individuals within our community who have Autism, Dementia, or any other mentally challenged persons with special needs.
If you are a care provider for an individual with special needs who has a propensity to become lost or disoriented, please completely out the brochure below, or come to our station to obtain the brochure. view brochure