Office of the Fire Marshal
Emergencies Dial 9-1-1The Fire Marshal's Office is led by Fire Marshal/Chief Joshua Overholt. Fire Marshal/Chief Overholt holds a Bachelor's of Science in Fire Department Administration and offers over 23 years of firefighting and emergency services experience. The department is staffed by three additional full-time employees, working 10-hour days, whose combined experience totals more than 35 years of experience. Each Fire Marshal's Office employee fills a complex dual role of fire and rescue responsibilities as well as code enforcement.
Each of the four employees maintains code enforcement certifications through the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry as well as the International Code Council. In addition to the code certifications, each employee holds current Pro-board certifications as Firefighters and Hazardous Materials Technicians as well as Pennsylvania Department of Health certifications as Vehicle Rescue Technicians (VRT's) and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT's).
Employees of this department include:
Deputy Fire Marshal/Assistant Chief Tom Dimmerling
Assistant Fire Marshal/Firefighter Jason Adams
Assistant Fire Marshal/Firefighter Ryan Colelli
Responsibilities of this department include:
- Responding to daily fire, rescue, and hazardous materials emergencies.
- Conducting plan reviews of buildings and fire protection systems as they are built, altered, and installed throughout the township.
- Conducting acceptance testing of fire protection systems to ensure proper operation.
- Conducting annual commercial building fire and life safety inspections.
- Conducting fire origin and cause determinations and working with law enforcement for prosecution where needed.
The Office of the Fire Marshal Maintains two response vehicles. These vehicles are loaded with equipment for firefighting, rescue and hazardous materials responses as well as equipment for inspection and origin and cause investigations.