This policy outlines the proper procedures for requesting records from the Upper Providence Township Police Department under Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law 65 P.S. Section 66.1-66.9.
1. The “Records Request Form” is provided for requests of records; the request should identify or describe the records sought with sufficient specificity to enable the Upper Providence Township Police Department to ascertain which records are being sought.
2. Requests for records should be addressed as follows:
Chief Mark A. Toomey, Open Records Officer
Upper Providence Township Police Department
1286 Black Rock Road
Phoenixville, PA 19460
3. Under the Right-to-Know Law, Investigative Reports are exempt from the definition of a “public record”, therefore, any such request will be denied.
4. The Upper Providence Township Police Department does not limit the number of records requested or made available for inspection or duplication and does not require the disclosure of the purpose or motive of a request for records.
5. Appeals of denied requests must be filed with the appropriate agency within 15 business days of the denial.
Criminal records appeals should be made to the District Attorney of Montgomery County at P.O. Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404 and at phone #610-278-3090.
Non-criminal records appeals should be made to Executive Director, Office of Open Records, Commonwealth Keystone Building, 400 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120 and at phone #717-346-9903.
File a Request
Body Worn Camera Policy is available upon in-person request at the Police Department.