UPT Weather Hub
Weather emergencies can be unpredictable and develop rapidly. The UPT Weather Hub helps by providing localized information for our area, but each of us must make decisions to ensure our own safety. When a weather emergency occurs, remember these safety tips.
- Turn Around, Don't Drown! When water covers a roadway, turn around. Six inches of moving water can knock an adult off their feet, and twelve inches can carry away a car. Never drive around barricades or Road Closed signs. It is better to move to higher ground before the flood than wait to be rescued.
- Heed Warnings and Watches. The National Weather Service will issue a Warning when severe weather of flooding is currently occurring or is imminent. Don't wait to take action- follow the advice of the Warning. Watches mean that severe weather is probable in the area. Warnings and Watches can be issued for Flash Flooding, Tornadoes, Severe Thunderstorms, and more.
- Make a Plan and Build a Kit. Depending on the emergency, you may need to evacuate, or you may need to shelter in place. Make a plan now for what you will do and build an emergency kit. Check out www.ready.gov for tips and advice.
- Purchase Flood Insurance. Homeowner's and Renter's Insurance policies do not cover damage from flooding. Go to www.floodsmart.gov to learn more about flood insurance.
- Sign Up for Notifications. Sign up for emergency alerts at www.montcopa.org/3311/ReadyMontco
- Notify Office of Emergency Management. If you will need extra help in an emergency due to disabilities, access, or functional needs, please let us know here.
Snow Emergency Routes
Upper Providence Township Code 169-56 designates the following streets as Snow Emergency Routes. When a Snow Emergency is declared, no vehicles may be parked on these routes, and vehicles using these routes must have snow tires or chains.
|Name of Street||Location|
|Arcola Road||Entire Length|
|Bechtel Road||Entire Length|
|Black Rock Road||Entire Length|
|Cider Mill Road||Entire Length|
|Egypt Road||Entire Length|
|Fifth Avenue||From Royersford Borough Line to Vaughn Road|
|Gay Street||Entire Length|
|Green Tree Road||Entire Length|
|Gumbes Road||Entire Length|
|Lewis Road||Entire Length|
|Longford Road||Entire Length|
|Mennonite Road||From Yeager Road to Arcola Road|
|Port Providence Road||Entire Length|
|Ridge Pike/Main Street||Entire Length|
|Rittenhouse Road||Entire Length|
|Route 29||Entire Length|
|Route 113||Entire Length|
|Second Avenue||Entire Length|
|Township Line Road||Entire Length|